Latest Videos from CTV Edmonton
Goodlife Fitness - Text2Win Contest - September 6, 2016
Published Monday, August 22, 2016 11:14AM MDT
1. The Goodlife September 2016 contest (the “Contest”) starts at 5:30 am Mountain Time (“MT”) on September 6, 2016 and closes on September 6, 2016 at 9:30 am MT (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Void when prohibited.
2. The Contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc. and Goodlife Fitness (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
3. To be eligible to enter, entrant must be a legal resident of Alberta, Canada, residing north of the southern boundary of Red Deer County, and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, promotional and advertising agencies and/or administrators (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are ineligible to enter.
4. TO ENTER the Contest, watch CTV Morning Live on CTV, from 5:30 am to 9:00 am (the “Entry Period”), on the local cable or satellite channel in your area during the Contest Period to view the contest word (the “Contest Word”). Once you have the Contest Word, there are two (2) ways to enter the Contest, as follows:
Text: Text the Contest Word during the Entry Period to short code “103030” (the “Text Entry”). You must have access to a cellular telephone that is capable of two-way text messaging. Text messaging is not available in all areas. Standard text messaging fees apply (check your carrier plan for your standard text messaging fees). Text Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Mobile Account Holder of the mobile phone used to enter the Contest. “Authorized Mobile Account Holder" of a mobile phone is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a cellular telephone number by a wireless carrier that is responsible for assigning cellular telephone numbers. An eligible Prize winner may be required to provide proof that he/she the Authorized Mobile Account Holder associated with the selected Text Entry.
E-mail: Send an email to email@example.com during the Entry Period with Goodlife September 2016 Contest in the subject line and your full name, mailing address, ten-digit phone number, email address and the Contest Word in the body of the email (the “Email Entry”). Email Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Collectively, Text Entries and Email Entries will be referred to as “Entries”. By submitting an Entry, you agree to be legally bound by these Rules. Limit of one (1) Entry per person/telephone number (regardless of the method of entry). If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses, telephone numbers and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) it is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the applicable Entry Period. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
5. PRIZES: There are two (2) prizes available to be won (each, a “Prize”). Each Prize is a one-month ALL CLUB membership certificate to Goodlife Fitness. The certificate must be activated at a Goodlife Canada Club no later than October 31, 2016, to be considered valid, or it will become null and void. The one-month certificate will be valid beginning the day it is activated at any Goodlife Club the winner may choose. Once the certificate is activated, the ALL CLUB membership grants the winner/member access to all Goodlife Clubs in Canada for that one-month period. The one-month ALL CLUB membership is valid for new members only. Current Goodlife members may not use the certificate towards their memberships. Approximate retail value of each Prize is one hundred dollars ($100.00) CAD.
6. DRAW: On September 6, 2016 at approximately 10:00 a.m. MT, a random draw for the Prizes will take place at Bell Media Inc., Edmonton, Alberta, from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The first two (2) Entries drawn will each be eligible to win a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winners to notify him/her they may have won a Prize by telephone immediately after the draw. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted by telephone within two (2) hours, such potential Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
7. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than September 9, 2016.
8. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9. All Entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail, text message or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and/or select the winner from previously received eligible Entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.