Edmonton Home and Garden Show - Ultimate Fan Cave Contest
Official Rules and Regulations
March 3, 2014 – March 17, 2014
1. TO ENTER the EDMONTON HOME AND GARDEN SHOW Ultimate Fan Cave Contest (the "Contest") during the Contest Period simply visit the web site located at http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/contests, click on the Contest page, complete and submit your entry by watching one of the 4 (four) videos relating to the trivia question posted each day then answer the trivia question . All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address and ten digit, day time and evening telephone numbers and the correct answer to the trivia question. Limit of one (1) entry per individual per day. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per day, all your entries will be void. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Contest starts at 5:30 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on March 4, 2014 and closes on March 17, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. MT (the “Contest Period”). There is one grand prize (the “Grand Prize”), two finalist prizes (the “Finalist Prizes”) and one (1) secondary prize (the “Secondary Prize”) (collectively, the “Prizes”) to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc. and Marketplace Events LLP, (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest Sponsors").
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must: (i) be a legal resident of Alberta, residing north of the southern boundary of Red Deer county (as determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion); (ii) be eighteen (18) years of age or older; and (iii) be the owner of a home located north of the southern boundary of Red Deer county (as determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion). In addition, if an entrant is selected as a Finalist (defined below), he/she must be available to attend The Edmonton Home and Garden Show (the “Home Show”) on March 20, 2014 to be eligible to compete as a Finalist in the Ultimate Fan Cave competition (the “Competition”) to win the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize as further described in section 6 below. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
4. Finalist Prizes: There are two (2) Finalist Prizes, each consisting of four (4) Tickets for a one time admittance to the Home Show at the Northlands Expo Centre, 118 Avenue & Wayne Gretzky Drive, Edmonton, Alberta, on Thursday, March 20, 2014 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Friday, March 21 , 2014 from 12 noon – 9 p.m., Saturday, March 22 , 2014 from 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. MT, and Sunday, March 23, 2014 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. MT. Approximate retail value of each Finalist Prize is $60 CAD.
Secondary Prize - There is one (1) Secondary Prize consisting of one (1) 2 x 60" Samsung Smart TV and oscillating wall mount, as chosen by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion. Approximate retail value of the Secondary Prize is Eleven Hundred and Sixty Dollars ($1,160) CDN. The Secondary Prize winner must attend the Home Show on March 24, 2014 between the hours of 9 a.m. and Noon to pick up the Secondary Prize or the Secondary Prize will be forfeited.
Grand Prize - There is one (1) Grand Prize to be won consisting of the following:
(i) one (1) Samsung 60 inch Smart TV and oscillating wall mount as chosen by the Contest Sponsors at their discretion;
(ii) one (1) “Zane” right facing sectional sofa;
(iii) two (2)” Jinx” Bonded Leather Swivel Chairs;
(iv) one (1) Tori 5 piece dining package;
(v) one (1) Electric Fireplace as chosen by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion;
(vi) four (4) “Cor Living” Bar Tables;
(vii) one (1) 1 x 8' “Galaxy” Pool Table;
(viii) one (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500) CDN gift certificate to be redeemed towards domestic and/or exotic hardwood floors at Touchwood Flooring, 10603 170 St. NW, Edmonton, Alberta;
(ix) one (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500) CDN gift certificate to be redeemed at Park Lighting 10353 170 St. NW, Edmonton, Alberta;
(x) one (1) 1 x 2001/2002 Team signed Edmonton Oilers Hockey Jersey in a custom frame;
(xi) two (2) tickets to the Edmonton Oilers Hockey Match verses the San Jose Sharks held on March 25th, 2014 at Rexall Place 7424 118 Ave. NW, Edmonton, Alberta;
(xii) one (1) gift letter redeemable for a 4 hour consultation in the winner's home with designer Michelle Law (home must be within 60 km of Edmonton’s city core). In the event the winner’s home is not within 60 km of Edmonton’s city core this portion of the prize shall be forfeited and no substitution shall be provided; and
(xiii) family game room accessories as chosen by the Contest Sponsors at their discretion up to a maximum retail value of $700 CAD.
Total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000) CAD. The Grand Prize winner must attend the Home Show on March 24, 2014 between the hours of 9 a.m. and Noon to pick up the Grand Prize or the Grand Prize will be forfeited.
5. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of a Prize is unavailable. Each Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. On March 17, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. MT in Edmonton, Alberta, a representative of CTV Edmonton will perform a random draw from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first two (2) entries drawn will each be deemed a potential Finalist Prize winner and a potential finalist eligible to compete in the Competition on March 20, 2014 (each a “Finalist”). The odds of becoming a Finalist Prize winner and a potential Finalist will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Bell Media Inc. will attempt to contact each Finalist by telephone using the information provided at the time of entry within one (1) business day of the draw to notify that he/she has been chosen as a Finalist and a potential Finalist Prize winner. In the event that a Finalist cannot be contacted within 1 business day after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential finalist will be drawn from among the remaining eligible entries, subject to the Confirmation Cut-off Time specified below.
Important Note: In order to be eligible to win the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize (as applicable), a Finalist must attend the Competition. In order to help ensure that each Finalist will be able to attend the Competition, which will take place at 1:00 p.m. MT on Thursday, March 20, 2014 at the Home Show, each Finalist Prize winner should retain one of his/her tickets for admittance that day.
Proof of identification and home ownership must be provided upon request. Before being declared a confirmed Finalist and winner of a Finalist Prize, each potential Finalist must sign and return within one (1) business day of notification a declaration and release prepared by the Contest Sponsors, which, among other things: (i) requires the entrant to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; (ii) confirms compliance with these Rules; (iii) agrees to release the Contest Sponsors from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from any liability in connection with this Contest and/or his/her participation therein (including the Competition); (iii) accepts the Finalist Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential Finalist’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Finalist Prize; and, (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsors in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If a potential Finalist: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed the declaration and release within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot be a declared Finalist in accordance with these Rules for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to be a Finalist) and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate Finalist (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Finalist), however the potential Finalists must be confirmed by March 19, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. MT (the “Confirmation Cut-off Time”). In the event that only one (1) Finalist has been confirmed by the Confirmation Cut-off Time, he/she will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner and the Finalist that was not confirmed by the Confirmation Cut-off Time will forfeit the opportunity to win the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize. In the event that neither Finalist has been confirmed by the Confirmation Cut-off Time, both Finalists will forfeit the opportunity to win the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize, the Competition will be cancelled and the Grand Prize and Secondary Prize will go un-awarded.
The Competition: On March 20, 2014, each confirmed Finalist will be required to present himself/herself at the office located at the entrance to the Home Show by 12:00 p.m. MT. In the event that one (1) of the confirmed Finalists does not register by this time and the other confirmed Finalist does register by this time, the Finalist that did not register will forfeit his/her chance to win the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize and the Finalist that successfully registered will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner and the Secondary Prize will not be awarded. In the event that both confirmed Finalists do not register by this time, both Finalists will forfeit his/her chance to win the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize which will not be awarded. In the event that both confirmed Finalists register by this time, both will participate in the Competition from 12:30 p.m. MT to 2:00 p.m. MT. In the course of the Competition, each confirmed Finalist will have 20 minutes to design a small space using materials supplied by the Contest Sponsors. Both Finalists will be issued the same materials. At the end of the Competition, each Finalist’s display (the “Display”) will be judged by a group of the Contest Sponsors’ representatives (as selected by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion) and will be assigned a score on the basis of the following equally-weighted criteria: (i) creativity; (ii) use of space; (iii) use of colour; and (iv) use of materials supplied by the Contest Sponsors. The confirmed Finalist who’s Display obtains the higher score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner and the remaining Finalist will be deemed the potential Secondary Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the confirmed Finalist who’s Display that obtained the higher score on creativity will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. The decisions of the judges are final. The odds of a Finalist winning the Grand Prize or the Secondary Prize shall be one in two (1:2).
In order to be declared a Grand Prize or Secondary Prize winner, each potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize, each potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize, accepts the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt, installation and use of the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
7. By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest. All entries become the property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond control, Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest Website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest Website.
10. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.