Police seeking man wanted in August shooting
Published Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:28PM MST
Last Updated Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:24PM MST
Months after someone opened fire in the parking lot of a downtown restaurant, killing a man in his 30s, police said they have arrested one man – but they’re looking for a second.
The case dates back to August 13, when police said an argument broke out between three men in a parking lot in the area of Jasper Avenue and 113 Street.
It’s believed the argument escalated – and shots were fired, one man suffered gunshot wounds to the stomach and later succumbed to his injuries. Police said two suspects were also seen fleeing the scene.
The slain man was later identified as 33-year-old Dale Maloney.
“This murder was disturbing on a number of fronts,” Inspector Kevin Brezinski said. “A law-abiding citizen was killed in broad daylight.
“Dale [Maloney] did not know the suspects, nor could he defend himself.”
Police said they have named two suspects in the shooting, one of whom is Christian Lyamuremye, 23, he was apprehended in Manitoba late last week and has been charged with second degree murder, and use of a firearm.
Lyamuremye is now in custody at the Edmonton Remand Centre.
Investigators are still looking for their second suspect in the case, 27-year-old Bicco Saidi.
A Canada-wide second-degree murder warrant has been issued for Saidi, he is described as:
- 183 cm (6’) tall
- 86 kg (190 lbs)
- Brown eyes
- Short, brown hair
Police said they don’t have any further leads on where Saidi might be.
Anyone with information on Saidi’s whereabouts is asked to call the Edmonton Police Service non-emergency line at 780-423-4567 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), police said he's considered armed and dangerous.