Articles by Andrea Dion
- Historical map highlights Edmonton's queer community and its untold stories
- Free period product dispensers to be installed at Edmonton Catholic Schools
- 'It was horrifying': Fire destroys couple's business, home northwest of Edmonton
- 'My life is in someone else's hands': Edmontonian looking online for kidney donor
- Advocates call for better access to harm reduction in Alberta to help 'keep people alive'
- 'It's about the coaching for me': Female assistant coach thriving with the U of A's Golden Bears
- Hockey tournament raises $425K for Stollery Children's Hospital
Andrea DionNews tips
March 2022: Andrea Dion is no longer with the company.
Andrea Dion joined CTV Edmonton in January of 2021 after covering a mat leave position at CTV Morning Live Calgary as the traffic anchor/reporter.
Andrea hails from Fort St. John, B.C. but has spent the last decade moving around the country to pursue her passion for journalism, including a stop in Halifax as the anchor and co-host of Global News Morning.
Her areas of expertise and interests include politics, women’s rights, not-for-profit groups making an impact in the communities they serve, human rights, current events and human interest stories.
Andrea holds a communications degree, with a major in Journalism from Mount Royal University. She has worked in London, England and Istanbul, Turkey.
Her first gig was in Dawson Creek, B.C., as an anchor, newsroom supervisor, weather specialist and sports anchor. Prior to working in Halifax, she worked in Regina as a live reporter, anchor and weather specialist.
Andrea takes pride in getting to know the people she encounters, whether it’s in studio telling their story or out in the community and emceeing various events.
She is a registered yoga teacher and is a supporter of the local fitness community.