COVID-19 cases in Alberta remain low, 42 more cases reported Sunday
EDMONTON -- Alberta reported 42 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, and no new deaths. The total number of active cases in the province is now 801.
The case break down across the province is as follows:
- Calgary zone: 629 active cases and 4,020 recovered
- South zone: 92 active cases and 1,132 recovered
- Edmonton zone: 55 active cases and 455 recovered
- North zone: 20 active cases and 200 recovered
- Central zone: three active cases and 95 recovered
- Two active cases and 22 recovered cases in zones to be confirmed
Currently there are 69 active cases in long-term care facilities in Alberta, and 640 people have recovered.
There have been 4,015 tests completed in the last 24 hours.
Starting Monday, testing will be available for asymptomatic staff and residents of long-term care facilities and some supportive living facilities.
Non-urgent surgeries that require hospital stays will also resume.