SPiN2WiN Contest - Official Rules and Regulations
1. Watch CTV Morning Live (from 5:30am to 9:00am) on CTV on the local cable or satellite channel in your area each Wednesday during a Weekly Entry Period described below, to view the weekly contest word (each a “Weekly Word”).
2. TO ENTER the Spin to Win contest (the “Contest”), during a Weekly Entry Period, you can: (1) text the correct Weekly Word to short code “103030” (the “Text Entry”). You must have access to a cellular telephone that is capable of two-way text messaging. Text messaging is not available in all areas. Standard text messaging fees apply (check your carrier plan for your standard text messaging fees); OR (2) (no purchase method of entry) hand-deliver a 5X7 card containing your phone number, address, full name and email address and correct Weekly Word to the reception desk (during normal business hours), 18520 Stony Plain Road (the “Delivered Entry”). Limit of one (1) Text Entry and one Delivered Entry per individual per Weekly Word during the Contest Period. The Text Entries and Delivered Entries shall collectively be referred to herein as the “Entries” and each, an “Entry”. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than the foregoing entry limit, all your Entries will be void. Text Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Mobile Account Holder of the mobile phone used to enter the Contest. “Authorized Mobile Account Holder" of a mobile phone is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a cellular telephone number by a wireless carrier that is responsible for assigning cellular telephone numbers. An eligible Prize winner may be required to provide proof that he/she the Authorized Mobile Account Holder associated with the selected Text Entry. Delivered Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
The Contest starts at 6:00am Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) on July 8, 2015 and closes onSeptember 2, 2015 at 8:45 a.m. MST (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period will consist of 8 weekly entry periods (each, a “Weekly Entry Period”) as follows:
• Weekly entry period commencing on July 8, 2015 at 5:30am MST Weekly entry period commencing on July 15, 2015 at 5:30am MST
• Weekly entry period commencing on July 22, 2015 at 5:30am MST Weekly entry period commencing on July 29, 2015 at 5:30am MST
• Weekly entry period commencing on August 5, 2015 at 5:30am MST Weekly entry period commencing on August 12, 2015 at 5:30am MST
• Weekly entry period commencing on August 19, 2015 at 5:30am MST
Weekly entry period commencing on August 26, 2015 at 5:30am MST
There are eight (8) prizes (the “Prizes”) to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Limit of one (1) Prize per household.
3. The Contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
4. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Alberta, residing north of the southern boundary of Red Deer County, and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
5. Prizes - There are eight(8) Prizes to be awarded. Each Prize will include one of the following:
(1) a $100 gift certificate for Buffet Royale (approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $100 CAD);
(2) a membership to TELUS World of Science (ARV of $199.95 CAD);
(3) a $300 gift certificate for Dinette & Patio Furniture (ARV of $300 CAD);
(4) a prize pack from 104.9 Virgin Radio which includes a tote bag, water bottle, Frisbee and sticker (ARV of $25 CAD); or
(5) a CTV Morning Live prize pack which includes a CTV Morning Live apron, CTV hat, and a CTV Morning Live mug (ARV of $100 CAD)..
6. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of a Prize is unavailable. Prize winners are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein
7. On each of the following dates: July 8, 2015, July 15, 2015, July 22, 2015, July 29, 2015, August 5, 2015, August 12, 2015, August 19, 2015 and August 26, 2015 (each, a “Draw Date”) during CTV Morning Live a representative of CTV Morning Live will spin a Prize wheel to determine the Prize to be awarded to the winner chosen during the draw described below. The Prize to be awarded will depend on where the ticker stops on the wheel. A random draw will then take place from among all eligible Entries received during the Weekly Entry Period immediately preceding the applicable Draw Date and the first Entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize selected on the wheel during the applicable Draw Date. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the applicable Weekly Entry Period. CTV Edmonton will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that he/she may have won a Prize by telephone within 2 business days after the applicable draw. In the event a potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the applicable draw, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, each potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected.
8. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9. All Entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible Entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.