Articles by Jeff Lawrence
- Alberta reports 98 new COVID-19 cases, one death
- Recognize this? Seatbelt-toolbelt given as gift in 1982 found in Cold Lake storage locker
- Two deaths, 426 new COVID-19 cases in Alberta over the weekend
- Pressing buttons: Edmonton dressmaker spends months sewing unique dress
- Dan Levy signs up for free Indigenous history course at U of A, urges others to do the same
- Photo radar frustration: Edmonton driver clocked for two speeding tickets 11 seconds apart
- 'I can drink beer in public': Coder pokes fun at Edmonton mask exemption cards with DIY website
- Husband, wife and nephew identified as Alta. waterfall drowning victims
- Spruce Grove man arrested on sexual assault, sexual interference charges
- Mandatory masks required in all Edmonton public indoor spaces starting Aug. 1
- 'She always cared for everyone': Sask. man mourns girlfriend killed in glacier crash
- Bonnyville man faces 24 charges linked to brutal assault of Cold Lake Mountie
January 2021: Jeff Lawrence is no longer with the company.
Jeff Lawrence is Supervisor, Online News for CTV Edmonton.
He moved to Edmonton in August 2019 after spending four years in Victoria, B.C. as Senior Digital Producer for CTV Vancouver Island. Before that, he was a Digital Content Producer for CTV Vancouver.
An English-speaking generalist, Jeff has reported on a range of high-profile stories, including the Canada-wide manhunt for two B.C. teen homicide suspects, to "quirkier" news like a cougar that sparked a frantic search in a quiet Victoria neighbourhood.
Prior to working for CTV News, Jeff has written lifestyle stories for The Province and has served as Managing Editor for Sad Magazine, an arts and culture quarterly based in Vancouver. He’s had the pleasure of interviewing Canadian artists such as Thunderheist, The Hidden Cameras and Patrick Wolf.
Hailing from the sun-soaked Okanagan Valley, Jeff moved to Vancouver in 2003 and later graduated from Langara College’s journalism program.
- 2016 RTDNA Digital Media Award, Small/Medium Market
- 2017 RTDNA Digital Spot News Award
- 2017 Edward R. Murrow Award for Best Website, Small Market
- 2018 RTDNA Digital Media Award, Small/Medium Market (B.C. Election 2017)
- 2019 RTDNA Charlie Edwards Award, Breaking News - Digital