Articles by Angie Mellen
- 'We really need it': Two new schools coming to central Alberta
- Alberta maintains funding after 'horrible' farming season
- 'Our motto is to feed the world': Central Alberta farmers selling crops for a good cause
- City of Red Deer launches Toys for Tickets
- Red Deer approves 'ambitious' plan to end homelessness in five years
- 'It’s going to be very tough': Red Deer schools face funding shortfall after UCP budget
- Red Deer Hospital expansion, 24/7 shelter left out of provincial budget
December, 2019: Angie Mellen is no longer with the company.
Angie Mellen joined CTV News in the summer of 2019 and works as a video journalist in Red Deer.
Previously she has worked in Lloydminster and Saskatoon, covering a wide range of stories including sports and city council.
Angie attended the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology’s Radio and Television program and graduated in the spring of 2017. However, her passion for news began a lot earlier in life as her family, also known as the Mellen Patch, always got together to watch the six o’clock news cast.
When she’s not chasing down stories, Angie loves to play soccer, watch sporting events and hang out with family. She is a proud aunt to many nieces and nephews, and absolutely loves when she gets a phone call from them saying, “Aunty, we saw you on TV!”