Articles by Dave Mitchell
- Rucksack march raises funds to help veterans and first responders
- 'The joy of this art': Balloon dragon invades St. Albert mall
- Elks return with on-field passion and off-field organization
- Iconic Old Strathcona Farmers' Market to get long-awaited upgrades
- Giant Oilers numbers continue to pop up around Edmonton during playoffs
- Thieves smash into rural Alberta bank with stolen front-end loader
- Embrace your inner bartender with new Whyte Ave business
Dave MitchellNews tips
Dave Mitchell has worked at CTV Edmonton since 2002, first as a Sports Director and then as a journalist in the news department.
Dave has covered many events for CTV such as the 2006 Stanley Cup Final, numerous Grey Cups, World Curling events and junior hockey championships.
One of his favourite road trips was the national award winning series “Highway to Alaska” with reporter Dan Grummett. The duo drove almost 7,000 km in 10 days from Edmonton to Fairbanks reporting on this famous piece of North America history.
Dave has taken part in a number of Canadian Death race events in Grand Cache Alberta. He loves to hike in the mountains, play hockey in the winter, and play baseball when the ice melts. He’s also a 3 time winner of the Bell Media table tennis challenge.
Dave has also worked at CTV Regina and CHAT-TV in Medicine Hat after starting his career in Fort McMurray with CFRN.
Dave is a graduate of the NAIT Radio and Television program.
He lives with his family in Devon, where he is a volunteer firefighter.