Articles by Kyra Markov
- Alberta wildfire season 2023: How does it compare?
- More than 1,600 Albertans died from drug-poisoning deaths in 2022: provincial data
- Influenza in Alberta: Cases up slightly, one new death reported
- Alberta COVID-19 hospitalizations down, as ICU admissions see two-week incline
- Influenza in Alberta: Cases remain low, no new deaths reported for second week
- Alberta COVID-19 hospitalizations fall below 500
- Influenza in Alberta: Cases remain low, no new deaths reported for first time in months
- Alberta COVID-19 hospitalizations lowest since January 2022, 20 deaths added
- Influenza in Alberta: Edmontonian aged 10-19 dies of flu
- Alberta COVID-19 hospitalizations decline continues, 46 deaths added
- Influenza in Alberta: 3 deaths reported, cases remain low
- Alberta COVID-19 hospitalizations below 600, 20 deaths added
- Influenza in Alberta: Slight increase for second week, 3 new deaths added
- Dr. John Cowell appoints temporary provisional lead to oversee EMS leadership
- Alberta COVID-19 hospitalizations lowest since July; 26 deaths added
- Influenza in Alberta: Slight increase in cases, 4 new deaths added
- Alberta COVID-19 hospitalizations below 700, 24 deaths added
- Influenza in Alberta: Cases continue to decline, 3 new deaths added
- Alberta COVID-19 hospitalizations nearing low of 700, 21 deaths added
- Influenza in Alberta: Cases continue to decline as seasonal deaths surpass 100 mark
Kyra Markov is an Assignment Editor based in Edmonton.
Kyra earned her Radio and News Television Broadcasting Diploma from NAIT in 2015 and joined CTV News Edmonton first as a writer and editor in 2014.
In 2016, Kyra started working on the assignment desk, where she continues to help the newsroom navigate breaking news.
Kyra enjoys data tracking, utilizing it to discover trends over time and conveying that information through graphs. She tracks in detail data surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Influenza, Monkey Pox, the opioid crisis and local crime.
Kyra speaks English.