Mother warns parents to check Halloween candy after finding pin in chocolate bar
Published Saturday, November 1, 2014 2:33PM MDT Last Updated Saturday, November 1, 2014 6:50PM MDT
An Alberta mother is warning others to check Halloween candy after she found a pin in a piece of chocolate.
Victoria Kimberly posted the warning and a photo on her Facebook page advising parents to “open it for your kid and take a bite.”
She told CTV News that it was one of her 14-month-old's candies.
“As I was biting it I felt something poke my tongue so I pulled the chocolate out and I saw a needle poking out,” she explained.
“It doesn't look like it mistakenly happened at the factory. It looks like someone intentionally put it in there.”
Wetaskiwin RCMP said they investigated the complaint but believe it is an isolated incident.
They also confirmed that no other complaints were made.
However, they did remind the public to check Halloween candy before eating it.
Anyone with information about the incident has been asked to contact the Wetaskiwin detachment, 780-312-7200 or Crime Stoppers, 1-800-222-8477.