New details on intense arrest caught on camera
The Edmonton Police Service released new details about an arrest caught on camera on June 11.
Kyle Parkhurst, 26, has been charged with:
- Flight from peace officer
- Dangerous operation of a vehicle
- Possession of stolen property over $5,000
- Operation while prohibited
- Assault peace officer with a weapon
- Obstructing a peace officer
- Breach of recognizance (x3)
Parkhurst is remanded until July 5, 2019.
According to EPS, police observed a stolen Chevrolet Colorado pick up truck in the area of 109 Street and 105 Avenue on June 11 at approximately 9:45 p.m.
The suspect vehicle was observed striking civilian and police vehicles and was eventually immobilized by police vehicles in a parking lot at 106 Street and 99 Avenue.
While arresting the male driver of the vehicle, a Taser was deployed.
Cell phone video of the arrest was shared on social media. EPS confirmed that the Professional Standards Branch is reviewing the incident, the arrest and the video.