Fire Chief warns of possible dryer danger
Published Monday, March 26, 2012 11:44AM MDT
Homeowners are being warned about the importance of maintaining their appliances after a smoky incident in west Edmonton, late Sunday.
Crews responded to a house near 161 Street and 96 Avenue, around 9:30 pm, after reports of a dryer on fire. By the time they arrived, the flames had already spread to the home's electrical system and the rest of the basement.
"There's a good chance there was a build up inside the dryer of lint and stuff like that," says Fire Chief Ray Barron. "[You must] get them maintained [and] keep the airways nice and clear."
The homeowner was taken to hospital, but only for precautionary reasons.