Fire damages apartment in north Edmonton
EDMONTON-- Crews were called to a fire at an apartment complex in north Edmonton Saturday night.
The call came in at 8:18 p.m. with crews responding to the complex on 107 Street and 149 Avenue four minutes later.
Crews arrived to find smoke and flames coming out of an upper floor window.
The fire was brought under control 15 minutes after crews arrived, with damages to the building being kept to the second floor bedroom.
Edmonton Fire Rescue says no one was injured, and no surrounding units in the building suffered damage from the blaze.
The damage is estimated at $110,000, according to a spokesperson for Edmonton Fire Rescue Services.
EFRS determined the cause of the fire to be an unattended candle.
Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly reported the location of the fire as 149 Street and 107 Avenue. We regret the error.