Grilled Chicken with Peach Salsa
Published Monday, April 22, 2013 11:33AM MDT
Last Updated Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:01AM MDT
Chef Phil Joy whips up Grilled Chicken Tenderloin with California Peach Salsa in the CTV Morning Live Kitchen. Click here to learn more about Enjoy Cooking with Phil.
Grilled Chicken Tenderloin with California Peach Salsa
Makes 6 appetizer portions
Ingredients for Chicken:
- 12 chicken tenderloins, washed and patted dry with paper towel
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) reserved juice from peaches
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Ingredients for Salsa:
- 1 14 oz. can (398 mL) California cling peaches, drained and diced, juice reserved
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red peppers, washed, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) purple onion, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned red kidney beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) green jalapeno pepper, diced fine (add more or less to taste and spice level)
- 1 tsp.(5 mL) fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
Directions: In a glass bowl, whisk together the reserved peach juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar and olive oil. Add chicken and stir to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for one hour turning occasionally (can be marinated up to four hours).
While chicken is marinating prepare salsa by adding all of the salsa ingredients to a glass bowl. Stir to incorporate and chill in the refrigerator.
Pre-heat the barbecue or a grill pan to medium high heat. Remove chicken from marinade, wipe off any excess. Season and grill for two to three minutes per side turning frequently.